Sunday, September 19, 2010

Too little, too late

So, let me just get these other pictures taken care of, then we can move on with life.  Like I said before, I left the camera at home during our big summer adventure, so I just have a couple pics from my phone. (Which I dropped while taking pool pictures-luckily not in the water, but on the cement.  So it works, but has a crack down the screen...my souvenir, I guess.)


Huggin' a tree

Ellie and Cade completed their Jr. Ranger workbooks.

Off to visit a gold mine.

About all the excitement during our drive across eastern WY.

All we did at my parent's house....SWIM!  It was awesome!  Hopefully there was no permanent skin damage.  We sunblocked alot, but whenever the kids popped there heads out of the water they wiped their eyes, or rubbed the sunblock off pulling goggles on and off.  So, the cheeks got pretty pink.  

.

Cade perfected his diving skills.



Colin stressed me out by doing these weird jumps with his head coming too close to hitting the board.


Aidan impressed us with his flips.



Ellie was most improved, from clinging on to my neck the first day, to actually swimming by the time we left.  Yea for Oma swim lessons!

Liam did great in the water!  He loved Oma's poolside swing, especially for naptime.

The goal every day-wear those kids out!

After about a week and a half, the kids and I headed over the mountains to CO to meet Tom, for his sister's wedding.  Doing the drive by myself was a lot harder than I expected, especially when I ran into a horrible storms in the mountains.  It was sooooo scary!!!  But, alas we made it and had a great time with Tom's family (no pics, though).

We are a fully loaded minivan!

It was a terrific, low-key summer vacation! 

I've got to do better with my picture taking though.  Ho-hum.  I am so turning into my mother.  




3 comments:

Jacqui said...

It was fun to see you! Who took the photo at the park and why haven't I seen any copies of it yet?

Brenny said...

It was fun to see you. Great pictures, even if you didn't get as many as you'd like. Looks like the perfect summer vacation.

Courtney said...

I have the picture from the park, and please tell me that I sent it to at least some of you. Jacqui, send me your address and I will gladly send a copy your way.
jandcwheeler@gmail.com

Courtney