Monday, March 29, 2010

Projects

Not much has been going on lately...so I've started some projects.  (This is what I choose over doing dishes and making dinner.)  After living in our house for almost five years, I am actually going to decorate the kids' rooms.  Ellie was the closest one to have a decorated room, but she peeled the border off her wall during "naptime".  

Ellie peeled the border and slid it under the door.  Nice.

Product Image Monkey Bath Rug - Multicolor

Product Image Woolrich® Madras Patchwork Quilts - Multicolored
And, since we will be putting Liam in Colin's room, it makes sense to move them into Ellie's bigger room.  I've decided to do a sports theme in the big boy room, monkey theme in the little boy room, and shabby chic in Ellie's room.  I did consult the kids on their room choice, but ultimately mom's choice one.  Bahaha-the mom reigns supreme in this house.  I think everyone will be pleased in the end, although Colin really knows how to hold a grudge, I'll probably be hearing about how he wanted a dinosaur room for years to come....my one comeback is that they didn't have a dino bean bag chair, so I couldn't do it.  I've got bed linens for everyone, and some accessories.  I even found some monkey fabric to play with...valance?  bed skirt?  throw pillow?  We'll see.  I've got paint picked for the boys', and I'm working on the perfect shade of pink for Ellie's room.  I'll post pics as things progress.  I am super excited!


Ellie and her Bitty Baby

I have a friend who got a group of moms together to sew dresses for our daughters and their dolls.  We are all novice seamstresses...I haven't used my sewing thing for anything but hooded towels in the last 7 years or so.  It was fun, but I had an uncooperative baby that night, so I didn't get hardly any of it done.  Bummer.  I am such a social project person.  I hardly do a thing on my own, but give me a buddy and I'm good to go.  I'm excited to see if this little group will continue to do some little projects-it's great to learn with friends...and it feels like such a productive night out.  




5 comments:

Brenny said...

I love how you call it a 'sewing thing'. You make me laugh. I'm excited to see how the rooms turn out. I have no sense of decorating and tend to copy people, so definitely post where you get everything. :)

Christi said...

Ha-ha! I had to go back and read it-I didn't realize I called it a sewing thing. :) I'm a Target junkie, so far everything is from there.

Charlene said...

Love the blog!!!! I'm almost done with Emma's dress....just finishing the elastic. She's not impressed right now because of how wide the top part is, but I told her it will slim down a bit when the elastic is in!! I hope we do another project together; I had a lot of fun! I talked to Emma about having bows and she was all for it!! I was completely surprised! I thought she was too old for that, but I guess you are never too old for bows!!:)

by the way, I hope that wall border isn't too hard to put back on the wall! How did she get it off?

Jayne said...

Love the border-ripping! Girls have such attitude. My sewing thing is collecting dust, while my pile of things to sew (mend) is growing into a mountain. My goal: have a sewing thing room some day where I can permanently leave all projects out yet close the doors to hide it from terrorizing kids or peeking visitors. It's just too hard to actually pull out all the supplies, plan what to sew, and then actually have time to sew without interruptions.

Anonymous said...

cute! I'm so inspired by you. maybe it will motivate me to make the curtains I've had fabric for the past 2 years! ps, i'm glad you're back blogging