Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cat's in the Cradle



Walsh Kids 2009

For some reason I have been feeling very nostalgic lately.  Perhaps it is the realization that the child bearing stage of life is coming to a close for our family.  Or, maybe it is a result of holding Liam while looking at his older brothers, and thinking of how quickly the years have passed by.  It has made me want to make the most of these years of young childhood.  It has made me feel that time is so fleeting.  It has made me think of the song, Cat's in the Cradle, by Harry Chapin.  It has made me want to do all I can to cherish the time I have with my little kiddos.  I love them so much, and I love being a mother.  Often times I find it difficult to really be 'present' when I am with the kids.  I'm usually multi-tasking-you paint while I do the dishes or you play with toys while I talk on the phone, you play outside while I make dinner, etc.  I suppose parents have to do that to get anything done.  However, I need to make more of an effort to stop squeezing so many things into a day, and just stop to play, draw, create, smile, and laugh with my kids.  To help me remember, I'm gonna download Cat's in the Cradle and put it on every playlist-just so I am reminded often.  :)


I hope we all make time to enjoy the present!




1 comment:

Brenny said...

Great pictures, and great thoughts.