Friday, February 11, 2011

Family Pictures and Concerts

It always seems like less of a hassle, and less expensive, to do our own pictures to send out with a Christmas card.  But, seriously, it's practically impossible to get all five kids looking in the same direction and smiling.  Maybe some day I'll learn my lesson...

Aidan was a stinker...no smile, or totally goofy.


 Notice Ellie's newest trick...cross eyed, she was doing it in at least a quarter of the pictures.




 Maybe if we swap the little brother for the dog?
 We could always get Liam back from the upset crying by singing Pat-a-Cake...so he's clapping in most pictures.

 Enough is enough.  We took at least 100 pictures, and none of them were very great.  Ho-hum.
 Ellie's Christmas Concert was cute, as you might imagine a Preschool Christmas concert would be.




 At the end of the program she noticed how soft her friend's dress was, and wouldn't keep her hands off.
Colin's winter concert
 Aidan's, too.                                                



2 comments:

Natalie said...

I just watched an episode of Raising Hope that's all about a family being scarred over family photos. Why is it that it's such a pain??!! I swear, there's this phase where boys refuse to smile nicely. I can't get two kids to look at the camera with pleasant looks at the same time - I can't imagine the chaos of trying with your whole family. I think you went the right route by admitting defeat :) One of those look back at it later and laugh kind of moments.

Brenny said...

I loved your Christmas card -- it was one of the best we got. I think my favorite of these pictures is Ellie's concert and not being able to keep her hands off the soft dress. Awesome!