Saturday, January 22, 2011

Picture Catch-Up

Time flies when you're havin' fun...
Here are some pics of what we've been up to the last few months.  I hope to get caught up in the next few days, so keep checking back.  :)

Ellie had her first preschool field trip to a fire station.

 On the field trip I found out the fire station was having an open house on Saturday, so we went back with the brothers.


Ellie tried on her dance costume (Is it just me?  I think $75 dollars for a costume, plus you have to pay for tickets to go to the recital....for a 4 year old who may very well freak out and not want to do it when the day comes, it just doesn't seem right.  So, we don't do all the costume, pictures, recitals, etc.  She enjoys dance class, and doesn't even know about the stuff.  Maybe next year, or the year after that....)

Snaggletooth Cade

Girl after my own heart...sleeping with her favorite (that day) handbag.

Cutie Liam

 Halloween


Tom was out of town on Halloween, so I enlisted the help of one of our babysitters for trick or treating...I think she was pretty excited to have an excuse to go too.  (Notice how non-freezing it is, yeah!)



 



I just have to mention my Halloween miracle.  First off, I really hate Halloween, it's such a waste of money/time for the costumes and then all the blasted candy just drives me crazy.  So I asked everyone what they wanted to be for Halloween this year.  I was so glad Aidan wanted to repeat his Army man costume-I even had the camo make up from last year still.  I started looking online for the other costumes.  I bid on a bunch of Harry Potter and unicorn costumes on eBay...I'm so glad I didn't win though (because I always bid more than I really want to pay because I just want to WIN).  SO, once I gave up hope on eBay, I started looking for no sew homemade costumes.   On my way to JoAnn's to get some felt for a cheesy looking unicorn costume I had found, I decided to stop in at Saver's, which is next to JoAnn's and had a huge HALLOWEEN sign posted.  I thought I'd just check it out real quick.  JACKPOT!  I found everyone's costumes for less than $10 each...Harry Potter and Dracula were new with tags even.  The unicorn costume I had bid $20+ was just $6, it needed some cleaning, but that's okay. I was one happy momma!  

1 comment:

Brenny said...

Great pictures! And your halloween costume triumph inspired me. :) I totally hear you about the whole dance recital thing. I didn't realize it was SO expensive. Unfortunately, we are shelling out the money...