Friday, April 23, 2010

Chunky Monkey

I've been needing to post an update on Liam, but haven't taken any pictures to go along with it.  (What can I say...he's the fifth child.)  So, here, I busted out the camera and took a few-not that he was particularly happy and ready to bring out the Gerber baby attitude.  Nonetheless, it is a pretty good representation of life with Liam right now.

Oh, and here are his stats from his checkup about two weeks ago:

Liam, 4mos
20lbs, 11oz (100%)
28 1/4 in (100%)
head: 43 1/4cm (78%)

He is a fat baby!  I love fat babies!  His family nickname is Chunky Monkey.  Sometimes I call him Chunk-a, Chunk-a.  It's funny to hear Ellie playing with her dolls, saying 'Who's a chunk-a chunk-a?'  Tom has told me we better not allow that name to last too long-it might scar him for life.  None of our baby nicknames have lasted beyond the baby years, so I'm not too worried.  FYI, Aidan=Chubby Bubba, Cade=Cutie, Cutie Cade-e aka Tootie, Tootie, Tade-e (big bro couldn't make the 'c' sound, cute either way), Colin=Boodgie, Boodgie, Boo or, just The Boodge, Ellie=Sweet pea and Baby Gurl

Binky Boy  
(Ah, yes, we've created another little binky monster.  I have friends that tell me their babies never would take a pacifier-I don't think any baby really wants to have the bink, but there must be an art to keeping in their screaming little mouths that helps them learn this is a good thing.  That, or just desperate parents...you will take this, trust me, you'll like it.)

This picture is one of those that doesn't tell the real story, but it's a cute pic.  (He was fussy and Ellie was tapping his face, which distracted him, so actually she was trying to help him...this is the before rather than the after picture.  But, I think it's funny cuz it looks like he just got poked.)

It's pathetic how much I rely on the swing.  It broke last week, and I had to have Ellie give him little pushes, just so I could get the dishes done.  She's a good little helper, and loves to make Liam giggle and smile.  (I can't tell you how grateful I was when Tom was able to perform a miracle-he fixed it.)

Liam has just started "playing" with toys.  Everything into the mouth...and I was worried about germs before.

He's so cute, and growing and changing so fast!



4 comments:

Brenny said...

He is so cute! I like chunky babies, too.

Mary said...

How cute! I have to take Tierney in for her 18 month check-up and I'm going to guess she weighs about 22 pounds :). Can't wait to see everyone this summer. We've been talking a lot about Ellie who is exactly Reagan's age. She's very excited!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! he's so adorable and I just love the screaming picture!

Mel said...

Holy crap he is chunky!! He is adorable!! I'm in shock a four month old would weigh 20 pounds!! Carrying him in the carseat must be pleasant!! lol!! He's so cute!