Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Food for Thought

A couple weeks ago we started Liam on "solid food".   He was greatly anticipating it...





But, alas, rice cereal is totally disgusting.
You would think he would just gobble food up, given his chunkiness, but he's not too thrilled about it.  I guess we'll try some sweet treat, like apples, I bet he'll go for that.


Ironically, the next photo on the camera was taken of Colin's stash drawer.  He was SUPER upset when his brothers found this and turned him in.  Totally gross, huh?

I'm kind of concerned, I don't think this food hoarding is normal... 

3 comments:

Brenny said...

The look on Liam's face is awesome. What a cutie!

I don't think you need to worry about the food hoarding. This may just be the foster parent training talking, but generally the hoarding you need to worry about is the one that stems from neglect. Colin is not neglected -- well I mean, he is a middle child, but... Don't you remember Steph Z used to hide cereal under her bed so she didn't have to share? I'm guessing this one is more of wanting to keep yummy treats for himself.

Brenny said...

Nice that his brothers ratted him out, though.

Christi said...

Thanks, Brenda. I think your right. I wonder if it is a symptom of being in a large family- knowing 'when it's gone it's gone' so you better stock up when you can. He is a total junk food junkie, though.